Principal Registry of the Family division
You'll find the Principal Registry of the Family Division at:
First Avenue House
42-49 High Holborn
What is the Family Division?
It is a division of the High Court that has the jurisdiction to deal with all matrimonial matters:
- The Children Act 1989
- The Child Abduction and Custody Act 1985
It also deals with:
- Matters relating to Part IV Family Law Act 1996 (Family Homes & Domestic Violence),
- Wardship and adoption applications,
- Declarations in medical treatment cases,
- Final Dissolution matters (Civil Partnerships)
Who is the Operations Manager?
The Operations Manager is Rachel Jones.
How do I contact the Family Division?
To contact the Family Division please see our Contacts page.