Any person applying for a post in the Ministry of Justice and related bodies must meet the following requirements:
1. You must be either:
- a United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland national
- a Commonwealth citizen or a British protected person
- a national of the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland - List of EAA Countries
- a Turkish national who has been lawfully employed in the UK for four years in any job, or lawfully employed for three years in a job within the same occupation as the post they wish to take up within the civil service
- a non-EEA national who is the family member of an EEA, Swiss or qualifying Turkish national (as above) from another member state (non-UK) who has moved to the UK for an approved purpose - Further Information
2. You must have the right to take up employment within the UK
3. You must have the experience and qualifications specified in the advert
4. You should note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland criminal record check. In addition some designated posts may also be subject to Criminal Records Bureau Check or a Counter Terrorism Check, depending upon the role and/or location.
5. If the post you are applying for attracts a National Security Vetting clearance there are further eligibility requirements. To meet national security vetting requirements you will normally need to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years for CTC, 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV prior to the date of application. All DV posts are required to be UK Nationals. You may still be considered if, for example:
- you've been serving overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of HM Government
- you were studying abroad
- you were living overseas with parents
In such cases you will need to be able to provide referee cover for the period(s) of residence overseas. The duration of overseas residence and the country of abode will also be taken into account.